Help Trading Standards and Kent Police catch the rogues before they cause misery, devastation and financial hardship to you and someone you know.
How can you help?
Has a doorstep trader offered or have you received a leaflet offering the following work?
• Garden clearance – including removing tree branches
• Roof repairs – including replacing loose tiles, repairing a leaking roof, chimney stack repairs
• Driveways – including laying tarmac, paving stones
• Removal of rubble or garden waste
If so, please tell us the following information:
• Descriptions of the doorstep callers
• Company details, name and address
• Descriptions of the vehicle including the registration number if you have it or part of it
• What type of work was offered
• Copy of the leaflet you received
Did you know that rogue traders often dump rubble and garden waste illegally across Kent which costs a lot of money to remove and is a blight on Kent’s countryside?
Rogue traders offer driveway and garden clearance work for a low price then dump the rubbish to avoid paying to dispose of it legally.
Not sure if they are a rogue trader?
Tell us anyway.
You can also report it to Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 040506.
Kent County Council 10 August 2015