As was the case with these, most burglaries happen on weekdays, in daylight, when you’re more likely to be out.
Kent Police remind you:
Burglars are often opportunists who will target an open window, an unlocked door or valuables on display if they think they can get away with it.
Remember to lock up before you leave
- double-lock uPVC doors and windows
- keep keys, cash and expensive items out of view
- use timer switches on lights and radios to make it look like someone is home
- keep garden gates locked and garden boundaries secure
- lock sheds and garages – bikes, tools and garden items could be stolen or used to break into your home
- watch Kent Police’s video Burglary – keep your home safe