The Kent Transformation Plan for Children, Young People and Young Adults has just been published. The Kent Transformation Plan was developed with children, young people, professionals and partners who have been working locally and across Clinical Commissioning Groups to deal with the challenging issues of mental health and wellbeing.
Local and county-wide needs have been examined and provision and good practice and have developed and designed for a whole-system for Kent which puts children, young people and young adults at the heart of services.
The key areas of transformation within the plans are to:
- increase the role of Universal services: To challenge stigma and deliver good emotional wellbeing at every opportunity.
- invest in early intervention to ensure that children and young people are able to access the right service at the right time.
- deliver services and support from birth to 25: This will ensure that support is no longer changes at age of 18 but responds to the individual needs of a young person as they follow their own unique path to adulthood
- Meeting the needs of vulnerable young populations.
- improve access to emotional and mental health problems occurring during childhood and adolescence
To find out more, download the full plan below:
NHS Ashford Clinical Commissioning Group 09 March 2016 http://www.ashfordccg.nhs.uk/news/blog/?blogpost=8430