Kent County Council (KCC) is consulting on a new strategy for adult social care. The strategy explains KCC’s vision for how we want adult social care to be over the next five years. Demand for adult social care is increasing and finances are under pressure. Expectations of adult social care are changing; people want a life, not a service. Adult social care in Kent needs to continue to respond to these challenges, and the new strategy sets out how we will do this.
Our vision is to help people to improve or maintain their well-being and to live as independently as possible.
The strategy breaks down our approach to adult social care into three themes that cover the whole range of services provided for people with social care and support needs and their carers:
- Promoting well-being – supporting and encouraging people to look after their health and well-being to avoid or delay them needing adult social care
- Promoting independence – providing short-term support so that people are then able to carry on with their lives as independently as possible
- Supporting independence – for people who need ongoing social care support, helping them to live the life they want to live, in their own homes where possible, and do as much for themselves as they can
The strategy also explains the building blocks that underpin what we must have in place in order to achieve the vision – namely, effective protection (safeguarding), a flexible workforce, smarter commissioning and improved partnership working. It also includes a set of values and principles that will guide everything we do to provide care and support.
Have your say
We would like to hear your views on the draft strategy which is available to download from the ‘Consultation Documents’ section below. We will use your feedback to help produce the final version of the strategy by December 2016.
Please take part in the online questionnaire which can be found under the ‘Respond to this Consultation’ section. Alternatively, fill in the Word version provided below and return it to: AdultsStrategy@kent.gov.uk or Strategy, Policy and Assurance, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1XQ.
To request alternative formats of any of the consultation documents, or for any other formats, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 03000 421553 (text relay service number: 18001 03000 421553). This number goes to an answering machine, which is monitored during office hours.
- Draft Strategy 29 Sep 2016 16:43, 955 KB
- Draft Strategy – plain text version 29 Sep 2016 16:42, 249 KB
- Draft Strategy – easy read version
29 Sep 2016 16:43, 1.1 MB
- Draft Equality Impact Assessment 29 Sep 2016 16:46, 451 KB
- Consultation Questionnaire 29 Sep 2016 16:44, 65 KB
- Consultation Questionnaire – easy read version (pdf) 29 Sep 2016 16:45, 357 KB
- Consultation Questionnaire – easy read version (Word) 29 Sep 2016 16:45, 3.9 MB
Respond to this Consultation
|Name||‘Your life, your well-being’ – vision and strategy for adult social care|
|Description||KCC is consulting on a new strategy for adult social care. The strategy explains KCC’s vision for how we want adult social care to be over the next five years. We would like to hear your views on this draft strategy.|
|Dates||From 30 Sep 2016 at 08:00 to 4 Nov 2016 at 23:59.|
|Consulting Organisation Type||Kent County Council|
|Consulting Organisation Name||Kent County Council|
|District / Borough areas affected by the consultation||Ashford, Canterbury, Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Shepway, Swale, Thanet, Tonbridge & Malling, Tunbridge Wells|
|Consultation Topic||General interest, Accessibility, equalities and diversity, Adult social care|
|Contact Details||AdultsStrategy@kent.gov.uk or Strategy, Policy and Assurance, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1XQ
Kent County Council 30 September 2016