Ask for help

None of us are superhuman. We all sometimes get tired or overwhelmed by how we feel or when things go wrong. If things are getting too much for you and you feel you can’t cope, ask for help.

Your family or friends may be able to offer practical help or a listening ear. Local services are there to help you.

For example, you could:

  • join a support group like Weight Watchers or Alcoholics Anonymous to help you make changes to your life
  • find a counsellor to help you deal with your feelings or make a fresh start
  • call the council about noise nuisance
  • visit a Citizens Advice Bureau if you want advice on debt.

Your GP may be able to refer you to a counsellor. You should consider getting help from your GP if difficult feelings are:

  • stopping you getting on with life
  • having a big impact on the people you live or work with
  • affecting your mood over several weeks.

Over a third of visits to GPs are about mental health. Your GP may suggest ways you or your family can help you. Or they may refer you to a specialist or another part of the health service.

Mental Health Foundation


More advice

Citizens Advice

Call Adviceline on 0300 330 1313 if you want to speak to someone about your debts.

or can visit:

Ashford Borough Citizens Advice Bureau

Seabrooke House
Church Road
TN23 1RD

01233 626185
answerphone/call back/live line

Monday to Friday 09.30 – 16.00
Appointments: 09.30-11.30
Drop in no appointment needed.
Last face to face appointment 11.30

Mental health help and support services

If you’re experiencing mental health problems or need urgent support, there are lots of places you can go to for help.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *