Part discharge of condition 19 – Part A
Start of Consultation: 16 Jan 2018
Demolition of part of the existing Design Outlet Centre and the construction of buildings and structures to provide an extension to the retail designer outlet, comprising retail and restaurants units, tourist information / visitor unit, associated facilities, and office / centre management accommodation, re-configuration of existing car park, new car parking spaces, cycle parking, plant, hard and soft, public realms improvements, landscape works, highway works and other associated works
Posted on 16 November 2014
Construction (and operational) phase: remediation, environmental and waste management plans/strategies to be agreed
- (A) Prior to the commencement of works relating to the relevant defined phase (or relevant part thereof) a detailed Remediation Strategy (RS) shall have been submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority in writing for that particular phase (or relevant part thereof) to ensure that the site is suitable for the intended use by removing unacceptable risks to human health, buildings and other property and the natural and historical environment. The RS must describe all the relevant works to be undertaken during demolition, construction and post-completion operation stages and include the following;-
- (i) proposed remediation objectives,
- (ii) performance criteria,
- (iii) a schedule of works, and
- (v) site management protocols
The RS is required to deliver a site that will not qualify as ‘contaminated land’ under Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, having regard to the
intended use of the land after remediation. The RS shall only be carried out in accordance with the approved details unless any subsequent change has been agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
The Local Planning Authority must be notified in writing at least two weeks prior to commencement of the approved RS works.