Did you attend the event yesterday evening, 21st Feb?
South Ashford Community Forum would like to know your views.
- Do you live in the immediate vicinity of the Noakes Meadow open space? Did you receive a notice of the event?
- Affordable housing is desperately needed in Ashford and the Council have used some land they own to produce excellent small developments.
- The land on which these flats are to be built is designated open space. the Council are proposing that S106 money from this development and others is used to improve the remainder of the space, to compensate for the reduction in area. Is this an appropriate use of open space.
- The plans allow for 28 car parking spaces to comply with the requirement in the draft local plan but data indicates that car ownership in flats in Ashford is 1 car per 2 dwellings. Should this much space be used for parking?
- Is the location appropriate for 3 storey development about 12m to to ridge?
- The proposals show the site fenced. Does it need to be, or is this creating a ‘gated community’.
- What will the impact be on the existing residents of Halstow Way?
- Wednesday 21st February
- 16:30 to 18.30
- At the Ashford Oaks Primary School
Oak Tree Road, TN23 4QR
Ashford Borough Council is proposing a redevelopment of Halstow Way in South Ashford.
The council intends to seek permission to erect 14 x 1 bedroom and 7 x 2 bedroom affordable apartments, designs of which are featured on this flyer.
There will be further plans of the proposals on display at the consultation event and officers from Ashford Borough Council will be there to answer any questions you may have.
Ashford Borough Council will engage with local residents and keep you informed about the proposals as they progress. Your feedback is critical to the success of the scheme.
This first part of the consultation process with local residents will continue for two weeks after the event and we will be happy to receive correspondence via email, telephone or in person.
If you are unable to attend this event and wish to discuss the proposals, please contact Giles Holloway of Ashford Borough Council on 01233 330427 for more information.