The Electoral Registration Officer for Ashford has sent an annual enquiry to the addresses of all registered voters in Ashford.
You must respond to this form even if there are no changes to make:
- by completing the hard copy and returning it,
- completing the information online at the address given on the form
- providing the information by phoning the number given
If you do not respond members of your household will be removed from the Electoral Register, so you will not be able to vote in future elections, and you could be fined £1000.
Did you know?
Many organisations rely on your being on the Electoral Register as evidence of your identity.
- In one example a family were not permitted to stay in planned holiday accommodation because they were not on the Electoral Register.
- You are unlikely to be able to open a bank account, take out a loan or mortgage or get a credit card if you are not registered to vote
Am I registered?
If you do not receive an Annual Enquiry Form or have any questions about Electoral Registration you can contact Electoral Services on 01233 330402. Please note Electoral Services will not discuss your registration with anyone else including family members.