Save in the kitchen
- Use a bowl to wash-up rather than running a tap,
- reduce your washing machine use by one cycle a week, and
- only fill the kettle with the water you need
and you could save around £36 a year in the kitchen.
Save in the bathroom
- Spend one minute less in the shower each day and a family of four could save £75 a year on energy and water bills.
- A dripping tap can waste more than 5,300 litres of water a year, so make sure your taps are properly turned off and change washers promptly when taps start to drip.
- A running tap wastes more than 6 litres of water every minute, so turn off the tap while brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing your face.
- Replacing an inefficient shower head with a water efficient one could save a household of four people around £70 a year off gas bills and around £115 a year off water bills.
Use your power to make a BIG difference!
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Citizens Advice, Energy Saving Trust
’20 Ways to Save Easy, expert-approved, energy-saving actions’