Everybody should follow basic hygiene measures that help to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other contagious diseases.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds,
- after you sneeze or cough
- when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean