Kent County Council – Ashford East
Hello I am running in Ashford East again I promised you I would be back and move into Ashford which I have done now.
I am running as an Independent. I have been a councillor twice and been chair of Unite Community Kent Branch and part of other committees.
I have also been a school governor and I worked for the Royal British Legion as vice-chair and helped in the organisation and have worked in many churches and charities like the Salvation Army and local winter shelter.
I am a Christian and I believe that to be a good Christian you need to be a better person.
At the moment I am currently a carer for my wife after a car accident. In my work life I have been an ambulance driver and manager in NHS and I have also run my own business.
So I believe all my life experiences will see me through to make the best councillor for you. I live 2 minutes from the ward and I know what issues the ward is going through as I am going through it too.
My pledges to you in the upcoming election on 06 MAY 2021 Ashford East
- I would like to have a 3-month big waste removal free of charge for my ward .
- Make sure that Ashford is the next in line for electric buses.
- Help more Ashford businesses reduce their carbon footprint.
- Plant more trees so it absorbs the sound along the road and the rivers to help absorb water to
help stop floods.
- Have electric buses running through our town centre free of charge for our town residents from
the park and ride.
- More community events and more days out for the OAPs for FREE.
- Get more buses to run on an evening so people can go out and enjoy themselves in our High
Street and clubs and restaurants.
- To get some Road calming measures put into place we’ll probably be pelican crossings I would
also like to try to get some more lighting at junctions where there have been serious accidents
recently and rumble strips to prevent people from speeding.