Useful Links

District and County Council Links

Ashford Borough Council

ABC Planning portal
Search for information on Planning Applications, Building Control Applications, Tree Preservation Orders, Planning history for individual sites and use the interactive map to locate listed buildings and conservation areas

Applications near me
Register to receive notifications regarding planning applications in any area of Ashford

ABC Committee system
Dates, agendas and minutes for ABC meetings

Police Links

Kent Police
Main Kent Police website

Local Policing – Beaver Ward

Local Policing – Norman Ward

Local Policing – Victoria Ward home page
Access the crime map, crime statistics and other information relating to the police and their performance

Ashford Police Facebook Page

The UK’s national fraud and internet crime reporting centre


NHS home page

NHS Ashford Clinical Commissioning Group

East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Healthwatch Kent
an independent organisation set up to champion the views of patients and social care users across Kent

Care Quality Commission
Regulator for health and social care services

Lullaby Trust
provides specialist support for bereaved families, promotes expert advice on safer baby sleep and raises awareness on sudden infant death.


Adult Abuse: Go to our Adult Abuse page for organisations that give help and advice to sufferers of domestic and other forms of adult abuse

Samaritans Tel:116 123. or
visit the local branch
offers confidential and emotional support for those who are experiencing despair.

Saneline  0300 304 7000 from 4:30pm – 10:30pm every evening
offers information and support for those with mental health issues.

Release the Pressure
Tel: 0800 107 0160
Chat online
A KCC funded service provided by an independent charity, offers advice and help for those suffering from stress

FRANK Tel: 0300 123 6600,
Need a quick answer? Text a question and FRANK will text you back Text 82111 or
Chat online 2pm – 6pm every day
helps people with drug problems.

Drinkline Tel: 0300 123 1110
free, confidential helpline for people who are concerned about their drinking, or someone else’s.

Shelter Tel: 0808 800 4444
offers housing advice.

Runaway  Tel or Text 116 000,
Chat online using link above, or
advises young people aged 17 if they are thinking about running away, if they have already run away, or if they have been away and come back and those that are worried that someone else is going to run away or if they are being treated badly or abused.

Childline Tel: 0800 1111,
Chat online:, or
helps children or young people in distress. Tel: 0800 1111

Silverline Tel: 0800 470 8090
provides information, friendship and advice for older folk.

Other Links

Citizens’ Advice Bureau

Register to receive flood warnings

Register my appliance
A site where you can register all of your domestic appliances

River Stour (Kent) Internal Drainage Board