Please be aware that there are bogus collectors purporting to be from SSAFA, they are operating on a door to door basis in Kent.
- SSAFA does not conduct door to door collections.
- All SSAFA collections are conducted at organised events, never door to door.
- All SSAFA volunteers carry photographic Identity Cards.
These bogus collectors are operating in the Dover and Folkstone area and there have been further reports of bogus caller activity from other areas of Kent.
In the event that these bogus operators call on you, this is the action you should take.
- Politely decline to contribute whatever is requested.
- If you feel afraid or threatened by a doorstep caller, phone 999. For non-urgent calls, phone Kent Police 101.
- If someone knocks on your door claiming to work for SSAFA, report it to SSAFA directly on 01622 792363.
NEVER agree to work being done by or paying cash to someone you have just met on your doorstep.
If you have you fallen victim to a doorstep criminal? Report it to KCC.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact the Citizens Advice consumer service
- online at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/
- By telephone: 03454 04 05 06
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Give safely to SSAFA
You can give to SSAFA
- online at https://www.ssafa.org.uk/give
- by telephone: 020 7463 9225
- by post: send a cheque made payable to SSAFA toSSAFA
The Armed Forces Charity
4 Dunstan’s Hill
London EC3R 8AD
SSAFA 16 July 2018