Discharge of condition 42 (Part discharge part B)
Start of Consultation: 19 Oct 2018, End of Consultation: 12 Nov 2018
Demolition of part of the existing Design Outlet Centre and the construction of buildings and structures to provide an extension to the retail designer outlet, comprising retail and restaurants units, tourist information / visitor unit, associated facilities, and office / centre management accommodation, re-configuration of existing car park, new car parking spaces, cycle parking, plant, hard and soft, public realms improvements, landscape works, highway works and other associated works
Posted on 16 November 2014
New floorspace: sustainable design & construction & extent / location of photovoltaic panels
- The development hereby approved shall be constructed to achieve a target
Building Research Establishment BREEAM (or subsequent equivalent quality
assured scheme) overall ‘Very Good’ standard comprising the following
minimum credit requirements:-
- ‘Excellent’ standard in respect of energy credits,
- ‘Maximum standard in respect of water credits,
- ‘Excellent standard in respect of materials credits, and
- under criterion Ene4 (Low and Zero Carbon Technologies) (or subsequent equivalent criterion) 1 credit for a feasibility study and 2 credits for a 20% reduction in carbon emissions.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority, the following shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority within 3 months of work commencing on a given phase:-
- A feasibility study to establish the most appropriate local low and zero carbon (“LZC”) technologies to install and which shall be in accordance with the feasibility study requirements set out within BREEAM 2011 New Construction (or subsequent equivalent requirements),
- Simplified Building Energy Model (“SBEM”) calculations from a competent person stating the estimated amount of carbon emissions from energy demand with and without LZC technologies installed,
- A BREEAM ‘Design Stage’ report and related certification produced by a registered assessor, and
- Details of the measures, LZC and other technologies to be used to achieve the BREEAM standard and credit requirements specified above.
- Thereafter, the development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved report and details and the approved measures and LZC and other technologies for achieving the BREEAM standard and credit requirements specified above shall thereafter be retained in working order in perpetuity unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority, within three months of occupation of the new buildings hereby approved the applicant shall have submitted to and approved in writing, parts (i) and (ii) below by the Local Planning Authority for that building:
- SBEM calculations from a competent person stating (i) the actual amount of carbon emissions from energy demand with the LZC technologies that have been installed and what the emissions would have been without them and
- the actual amount of residual carbon emissions, and
- a BREEAM ‘Post Construction Stage’ report and related certification produced by a registered assessor confirming the BREEAM standard that has been achieved and the credits awarded under Ene4.