Stagecoach bus services in Kent and East Sussex will change from the Sunday 17 January. New timetables that preserve essential journeys have been agreed with Kent County Council. Full details of services in Ashford are available below, including links to timetables.
Stagecoach has worked very closely with the County Councils and key sector organisations to ensure essential journey opportunities are available for food shopping, medical appointments, support bubbles, carers, key workers and children still attending school. These lockdown bus services will also help support the COVID vaccination programme by providing access to some vaccination centres on the bus network. Stagecoach welcomes the government and local council support that means these essential bus services are able to operate.
It’s vital that if you need to make a bus journey, you follow the government rules. Face coverings must be worn (unless you are medically exempt) and windows on buses should be left in the open position to allow the flow of fresh air. Capacity is limited to help with social distancing and you should be mindful to keep a safe distance from others (unless travelling with someone from your household bubble).
Want to know how to travel safely by bus? Stagecoach have taken a range of measures to help protect you when travelling. Buses are clean, safe and ready to go. If you’re planning on travelling and are concerned about what to do, check out this guide. They’ve also put together a ten-point guide to help understand the measures that are in place. Find out more here.
On Mondays to Saturdays the following timetables will apply from Monday 18 January
- Route 1/1A – Special timetable. About every 2 hours between Ashford and Canterbury via Little Burton, Wye, Chilham & Chartham. Additional hourly journeys between Chartham and Canterbury. Additional morning journey on schooldays from Chartham to Spires Academy via Canterbury Bus Station.
- Route 2 – About every 2 hours between Ashford and Rolvenden via Tenterden and High Halden. Separate route 2 about every 2 hours between Hastings and Tenterden via Northiam. No through journeys.
- Route 2A – Special timetable running about every 2 hours.
- Route 10 – Non school timetable similar to what we are currently operating.
- Route 10X – Special timetable about every 2 hours.
- Route 11/11A/11B – Normal Mon-Fri (non school) timetable spanning across Monday to Saturday.
- Route 111 – Normal Thursday timetable continuing.
- Route 123 – Normal Monday to Friday non school timetable.
- Route 666 – Normal Mon-Fri (non school) timetable spanning across Monday to Saturday.
- Route A – Special timetable running up to every 15 minutes.
- Route B – Special timetable running up to every 15 minutes.
- Route C – Special timetable running up to every 15 minutes.
- Route D – Special timetable running up to every 15 minutes.
- Route A – Special timetable running.
- Route G – Special timetable running hourly.
- Route S – remains suspended.
Normal Sunday timetables will operate, unless stated otherwise.